Keepers of the Truth

This is a place where I will express myself in various ways. It is my hope that my views and art will create dialog which will be fun and informative. I'm always looking for insightful and constructive criticism.

Friday, June 23, 2006

 

If You Give A Chinchilla A Pie

Here is a little something I wrote in the style of Laura Numeroff
It's still a little rough around the edges, but I'm hoping you can help me make it better.

If You Give A Chinchilla A Pie


When you give a chinchilla a pie he usually asks for some milk

When a Chinchilla has milk he usually needs a newspaper to read while he drinks it.

And if a chinchilla reads a newspaper he'll start to talk.

Talking will lead the chinchilla to waving his arms...

And that makes him spill his milk all over the floor.

So then the chinchilla will need a mop.

But chinchillas don't know how to use a mop, so he'll probably just dance around with it.

Then you will have to chase him out of the room because he's just making a bigger and bigger mess.

So the chinchilla will go into the other room and watch the game.

But cheering his team to victory always makes the chinchilla want a snack.

Because his team is winning the chinchilla will hurry back to the kitchen where you have just cleaned.

He will tell you that you did a good job.

And because he made you happy, you will give the chinchilla a pie.

Comments:
Are you the chinchilla?
 
When first written it was, If You Give A Man A Cookie. When I went to post it here I thought I'd continue with Ms. Numeroff's theme of animals and different foods. While this is not a real life story, I do like to read while I eat, I do celebrate my sports with dance and loud noises (As my wife about the sounds I make during a Brasil soccer match). I don't however, drink milk (often) but I do know how to mop. I hope I tell my wife how much I appreciate her hard work cleaning, but I know I don't do it enough.
 
Sooooo, I'll take that as a yes. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   November 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007