Keepers of the Truth

This is a place where I will express myself in various ways. It is my hope that my views and art will create dialog which will be fun and informative. I'm always looking for insightful and constructive criticism.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

 

How do you define yourself?

Here is another blog inspired by Bald Man . This one also has reference to Kerri on mynameismommy.com as well. What a team those two make. If only there was a way I could find of getting them together...

Ok, so Bald Man was asking on in a blog if his comments were out of line in response to another blog . Since it seems I respond to almost everything Bald Man posts, I though, why should this be any different? No really, he is talking about an issue that I really do hold high on my things which get me annoyed list. Kerri had been speaking of the topic in one of her blogs as well. I have posted several times to Kerri's blog because she really hit a subject that makes my blood boil. I don't think I have yet stated my view in a way that I am satisfied with and I have been saying that I am going to write a blog on my views with regard to race for quite some time now but haven't. For that reason I'm glad I have such good blogfriends to allow me to work out my ideas on their spaces.

For the most part I'm not going to repeat myself at this time, you have links to the other blogs and comments. Please give them your traffic so they'll let me keep posting there. I do want to repost the end of my first (and there haven't been more than one so far so maybe only) comment to Bald Man. I would love to hear your answers. Heck, at this point in my blogging career I'd love for any comments. Hello, is there anybody out there? (listens for crickets). Anyway, here's the cross post.

How do you define yourself? What does that say about you? What are you trying to hide behind when you use one term or another? What are you trying to say when you use those terms? Who do you exclude by using those terms?

Comments:
I'm out here. But I seriously think you need to quit worrying about who is or isn't reading and just keep on writing.

Anyway, how I define myself is different depending on the situation or the people I'm with. And sometimes even depending on what the topic of conversation is. I am a teacher. I am a wife. I am a daughter. I am a pet-owner. I am a Christian. I am a cuddler. I am a survivor. I am an addict. I am a performer. I am a diplomat...

I am all of these things and more all of the time. But I don't always advertise all of them. Different ones are more important than others under different circumstances.
 
You are correct IG, I should write more. I guess it is easier to write more when I know that I have an audience to write for. Greedy of me yes, but I spend alot of time doing inner dialog or talking with my wife and so I don't always post everything. If I thought there were interested people I'd do more on here. Again I should give and not ask for anything in return, but sometimes that's hard. Sometimes I just need to hear a little encouragement.

Interesting that you list teacher first and wife second... Wonder what your husband would say to that...
 
RG, thanks for the great comment post on www.christianmusicfan.com

Labels are annoying at times, but at others, really the only way we have to identify quick ways to have a stepping off point of a conversation.

Your idea of putting stickers on Christian music for explicit religious lyrics is very interesting.

Thanks again for visiting my blog an d sharing your thoughts an opinions
 
RG, thanks for the great comment post on www.christianmusicfan.com

Labels are annoying at times, but at others, really the only way we have to identify quick ways to have a stepping off point of a conversation.

Your idea of putting stickers on Christian music for explicit religious lyrics is very interesting.

Thanks again for visiting my blog an d sharing your thoughts an opinions
 
BN,

Thanks for stopping by. I hope this was not a one time visit. I'm pretty proud of the idea of the labels. I mean it sure would help to know what I'm getting myself into sometimes. Then again, sometimes a little shock is what we need as well.
 
You're always free to comment at my blog. It helps me to process as well. I like conversation. And I don't think I've properly expressed what I was trying to, either. Maybe one day I'll figure it out. Probably not.
 
Kerri,
I don't know if I'm ever going to say correctly what I want to say. Partly because this is a very complex issue. Anyway, the conversation that we have is exactly why I like to blog. When my brother asks me why I spend so much time doing this... Well, this is it. Here we are talking about one of the biggest issues facing society today. That to me is just too cool.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   November 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007