Keepers of the Truth

This is a place where I will express myself in various ways. It is my hope that my views and art will create dialog which will be fun and informative. I'm always looking for insightful and constructive criticism.

Monday, August 06, 2007

 

Visitors come




Well, since we got home with Kharoah we have had a steady stream of visitors. So far the friends we've had over are Mrs. Grotto's friends. I mean, I'm friendly with them as well, but originally they are hers.

Today, I finally had some of my friends make it out. It was so wonderful. Not only that my friends came to see us, but they brought dinner. If you read mynameismommy, you will know that I have said often that I think Kerri is a great cook. So you can imagine that I was excited when she said that she would bring dinner for us. Dinner lived up to my anticipation, but Mrs. Grotto was really taken with it. She threatened me if I ate all the food without leaving her leftovers. While she tells me that she likes my cooking, she never asks for seconds. Today, she asked for seconds. I guess I know who would win if we even had an Iron Chef showdown.

Now I've talked about how the friends who have visited previously were all Mrs. Grotto's and I've talked about how Kerri was here. Really, I'm originally a friend with baldman. He and I have known each other for many years and have grown closer as time goes on. Why are we friends? Many times our views are not similar (You can see that from many of my blogs here), but we are able to respect each other and do have many likes in common.

Anyway, we've been very lucky to have so many people come and visit and help us out. My parents have watched Kharoah while Mrs. Grotto and I went out to celebrate our third anniversary and our local drive-in theater allowed us to go see The Simpsons and Harry Potter. Things are good.

Sorry about the sideways picture. The computer isn't cooperating with me and I'm too tired to fight it right now.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'm feeling very relaxed here at your blog just lazing about with the baby. :P It was so good to meet him and see you guys. Still amazed at the job you guys did on the room! Certainly that deserves a post.
 
I do plan on blogging about the room and more about Kharoah and other things, but time just doesn't seem to be working on my side of late. Partly, the computer I need to do the updates for the room is upstairs and most of the time I'm downstairs with Kharoan so it just doesn't work out the way I would like. As I'm sure you know, there are as many good excuses not to blog as there are reasons to blog.
 
How long have you known baldman? I bet I've known Kerri longer than you've known him. I've known her since before her name was mommy. :) Heck, I've known her since before she was Mrs. Baldman.
 
mrs. grotto,
Careful, there. Before you go making a bet you should at least be aware that there are Mlod connections involved on this side of the equation. Proceed with caution...

Congrats, you two! A beautiful little one you've got there.
 
Baldie,
Do not worry, I set her straight as the to the facts of our longevity. She did admit that we have known each other longer, although I had to concede that she and Kerri might have known each other better during that time.

Anyway, who really cares? What is important is that the four of us are still friends! Oh, and that she is wrong and we can prove it.
 
Great work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   November 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007